POLITICAL PARTY: Democratic
RESIDENCE: Santa Fe
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, College of Santa Fe; law degree, La Salle University.
FAMILY: Divorced; three children
POLITICAL/GOVERNMENT EXPERIENCE: State representative, District 48, 1987-present; former state comptroller, New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration.
MAJOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENT: Public service. I’ve advocated for children and the elderly and for equality for all.
MAJOR PERSONAL ACCOMPLISHMENT: Raising a family and providing for their well being. Also, providing a good future for my grandkids.
1. I support the law as amended by Legislature (a proposal to toughen, but maintain, the existing law was unsuccessful last year). We need the governor’s support.
2. I support plans as approved by PERA and ERB. Would consider modifications to enhance actuarial soundness.
3. I would support for non-vested and future employees.
6. I would support with consent of parents.
7. Yes to both.
8. I would support a more progressive income tax.
9. Would support equality for all if it came to a vote.