ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — News from around New Mexico:
- Three Albuquerque city councilors plan to propose a resolution Monday encouraging the mayor to work out a deal with Albuquerque Public Schools over property for a downtown arena.
- A Santa Fe man is in jail after he allegedly opened fire on a group of campers in Pecos early Saturday in a bizarre incident that has State Police perplexed.
- After receiving $490,000 in federal funding, New Mexico Military Institute is offering full-ride scholarships to 20 Native American students who are interested in pursuing an associate’s degree in criminal justice.
- Summer officially started on Monday morning, as the summer solstice occurred.
- Fire officials say they continue to make progress on two wildfires burning in northern New Mexico.
- Las Cruces city officials are planning to relocate a composting operation at the wastewater treatment plant.
- With the installation of a 300-foot pedestrian bridge, a new $1.3 million trail south of the Los Alamos airport has been completed.
- The State Parks Division is soliciting bids for a marina operator at Conchas Lake State Park in eastern New Mexico.
- Las Cruces City Manager Terrence Moore has submitted a resignation letter to the mayor and city councilors.