Mark Dolfini, founder of Standing for the Fallen, returns to Rio Rancho for the third year in a row Saturday to stand at the corner of NM 528 and Southern Boulevard (in front of Walgreens) from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Once again, donations will be collected for wounded servicemen and women at Landstuhl Medical Center in Germany.
Last year, more than $5,000 in cash (a record) and more than 100 pounds of toiletries and other necessities were collected.
Items asked for include:
• New sweat pants and hoodie sweat jackets (gray, black and dark blue);
• Lounge/PJ/sleep pants (any color);
• White crew-neck undershirts and T-shirts;
• Personal care items (razors, lip balm, travel-size shampoo and travel-size shaving cream); and
• Cash or checks. (Checks may be made payable to Marine Corps League #547).
For more information, call Standing for the Fallen's New Mexico coordinator, Karrie Bota, at 228-8639.