Emmanuel McPhearson, a defensive back/wide receiver, becomes the sixth University of New Mexico football commitment.
McPhearson on Tuesday committed to New Mexico to play football next year for new Lobo coach Mike Locksley, according to DigitalSports.com.
McPhearson, who stands 5-10, 185 pounds, had 16 receptions for 304 yards and eight touchdowns this past season. His biggest impact may have been on the defensive side of the ball, however, DigitalSports.com says. He notched an interception and returned for a touchdown in the Stags’ WCAC championship win over Good Counsel.
McPhearson was named to the DigitalSports All-Beltway first team and was a first-team All-WCAC selection.
That brings the number of UNM verbal commitments reported to six:
- LB Dallas Bollema 6-2, 195 (Artesia High School)
- QB Emmanual Yeager 6-2, 190 (Coolidge High School) Washington DC.
- WR Adam Watson 5-10, 165, (Westfield High School), Spring, Texas
- WR Derrell Person 6-1, 201 (Coolidge High School) Washington DC
- RB Kasey Carrier 5-9, 175 (Pearland High School) Pearland, Texas
- DB/WR Emmanuel McPhearson 5-10, 185 (DeMatha High School) Hyattsville, Md.