- High: Lobos win nine more games than the previous season — seven more in league play. They win eight of final nine, with the only setback coming in overtime at BYU. J.R. Giddens is selected in the first round of NBA draft.
- Low: UNM is third seed in MWC tournament but loses to a sixth-seeded Utah team it beat twice in the regular season. Lobos lose at Cal in the first game of NIT.
- High: Tony Danridge and Daniel Faris help Lobos to again win eight of their final nine games, this time helping them to a three-way tie with BYU and Utah for the regular-season title.
- Low: Again the Lobos are the third seed in the MWC tournament, and again play a team they beat twice in the regular season. Again they lose a tourney opener, this time to Wyoming on the way to a second-round loss at Notre Dame in the NIT.
- High: One of the great seasons in Lobo history. Darington Hobson, Roman Martinez and Dairese Gary lead the Lobos to the regular-season title, a No. 8 national ranking and a No. 3 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- Low: UNM doesn’t do anything with its lofty seed, squeezing by 14th-seeded Montana in its first NCAA Tournament game before getting hammered by 11th-seeded Washington.
- High: The Lobos win their final three games of the regular season to get to .500, including an 82-64 rout of BYU in Provo after Cougars’ star Brandon Davies is suspended. The Lobos sweep the regular-season series against the nationally ranked Cougars.
- Low: BYU gets revenge in second round of MWC tourney as Jimmer Fredette scores 52 points in beating UNM, sending the Lobos to the NIT. UNM loses in the second round to Alabama. Alford is 2-3 in the NIT at UNM.
- High: UNM ties for the regular-season crown, then runs the table in the MWC tournament, giving Alford his first conference tourney title in the league. UNM nearly makes the Sweet 16, losing 59-56 to Louisville in the round of 32.
- Low: Early-season losses to NMSU (at home) and lowly Santa Clara. Back-to-back road losses twice in MWC play.
- High: Kendall Williams, Alex Kirk and Tony Snell help the Lobos cruise through the MWC, winning both the regular-season and conference tournament crowns on the way to a No. 10 ranking.
- Low: For the second time under Alford, the Lobos get a No. 3 seed in the NCAA Tournament but are shocked by Harvard 68-62 in their first game. Alford’s NCAA Tournament record at New Mexico falls to 2-3.
— Mark Smith