ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — 1. What would be your approach to boosting the economy in Albuquerque?
2. What do you believe is the optimum number of officers for APD and what, if anything, would you do to improve recruitment?
3. Do you think civilian oversight of the Albuquerque Police Department needs to be overhauled? If so, how? If not, why?
4. What steps should the city take, either directly through city government or through the Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority, to ensure Albuquerque’s water future?
5. Do you support the practice of “union time,” in which union leaders are allowed to draw city pay while working on labor-management relations?
6. What differentiates you from your opponents?
7. Name one issue not mentioned in a previous question that you would plan to tackle as mayor or city councilor.
8. Have you or your business, if you are a business owner, ever been the subject of any state or federal tax liens?
9. Have you ever been involved in a personal or business bankruptcy proceeding?
10. Have you ever been arrested for, charged with, or convicted of drunken driving, any misdemeanor or any felony in New Mexico or any other state?
Questions to City Council District 3 candidates