PUBLISHED: Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 12:05 am
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Aggies. I certainly did not think they had a chance after the game in Cruces. They were the better team this time around, as (Sim) Bhullar was a major obstacle when down low and in the middle of a scrum. (Daniel) Mullings made plays, and their supporting cast was better than UNM. It turned into a very good game, and at 61-59, turnover in hand, it looked like an incredible finish was about to happen. For that I applaud the ‘Bos.
- LISTEN … can you hear it?? The dominos are falling. Or, is the mustard falling off the basketball hot dog. More to come.
– El Hombre
- I SAW A NEWS clip of Coach Neal saying that no Lobo team has ever played as hard a schedule as we are now, that is a bunch of crap. Coach Neal is in no position to talk about the entire history of Lobo basketball on any subject. Many Lobo fans have forgot more about Lobo basketball history than he will ever know. What is obvious now is that Coach Neal was given the keys to a high powered car and he is still having trouble driving it.
– Burt Livingston, Albuquerque
- TO THE LOBO FAN who sits in section R row 34: every defensive play against the Lobos is not a foul. You are more entertaining than the cheerleaders during timeouts because of your ranting. Take a chill pill before you stroke out!
– Hunchback Jimmy
- TO HOT SHOT Kendall Williams: With regards to your cocky comments about “leaving Las Cruces for the last time as a UNM lobo,” well isn’t (karma) Great!! Let’s see, you now leave UNM with your first home loss of the 2013-14 season by who?? Go Aggies!!!
– Andy, Corrales
- NEW MEXICO STATE AGGIES best college basketball team in the State of New Mexico. That win was sweet now onto some better competition. The Lobos are not very good.
– Aggie JR
I know you’re being facetious, JR, but let’s put it out there: The better competition is in the rear-view mirror. To get to the NCAAs again, Marvin Menzies’ team had better win three games during a certain week in March. – Randy, Journal
- I HAVE BEEN a loyal Lobo Basketball fan/supporter for 40 years. … I just cancelled my room reservation for MGM this weekend. They team will most likely lose to Marquette. The Warriors have a lot of depth and are playing excellent ball. I don’t like to be pessimistic, but I believe we need to improve some coaching.
- COACH NEAL I love my son as much you do yours. Bottom line is Delaney and Edwards are better then (Cullen) Neal and not a liability especially on defense. Take off the Dad blinders.
- WHEN IS THE NM Legislature going to enact a law that our Lobo/Aggie rivalry basketball games must be aired on off-air TV statewide? Disappointed this year was pay TV or online only through one area ISP.
– Robert, ABQ
- SO UNM WOMEN’S Basketball is 4-5 on the year and 32-39 under Sanchez. 0-2 against the top 10 teams. I still have faith in her! Don’t give up faith on this team!
– Flanfan Albuquerque
- THANK YOU, Tyler Shannon, for your heartfelt letter. Still, I find it sad that a fan of one of the participating teams has to practically beg the local community to come out and support the New Mexico Bowl, an event that can have only positive results for Albuquerque and the state.
– Joe, ABQ
- HEY RICHARD: Comparing anything to the enemy of WWII is just wrong!! I sense your dislike of the Cowboys, but next time think before you write!
– Proud American!