ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Saturday is the last day of early voting in the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District Board of Directors election.
The agency said in a news release Friday that the early voting sites in Bernalillo, Sandoval, Socorro and Valencia counties will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Polls will be open Tuesday on election day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., according to the news release. Polling locations are listed on the MRGCD website at www.mrgcd.us.
Three positions on the MRGCD board are on the ballot — an at-large position, a Bernalillo County position and a Valencia County position, the news release said.
May 23, 2011 — Early Voting in MRGCD Board Election Under Way
The Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District began early voting today (May 23) in its district board election, according to a news release from the MRGCD.
Any qualified voter who owns land within the benefitted boundaries of the district may go to any of the eight early voting sites in the four counties within the MRGCD to cast a vote, the news release said. A government-issued photo ID must be presented in order to vote.
The news release said early voting for the June 7 election will be conducted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday through June 3 and on Saturday, June 4.
The early voting sites are:
- Bernalillo Town Hall, 829 South Camino Del Pueblo
- Pena Blanca Community Center, 778 Highway 22
- Los Ranchos Village Hall, 6718 Rio Grande Blvd NW
- MRGCD District Office, 1931 Second Street SW
- Rio Bravo Senior Center, 3910 Isleta Boulevard SW
- Valencia County Clerk’s Office, 444 Luna Avenue in Los Lunas
- Belen City Hall, 100 South Main Street
- Socorro Electric Coop, 215 Manzanares Avenue
For a complete list of candidates seeking the three board seats on the June 7 ballot and other election information, go to the MRGCD website at www.mrgcd.com.