PUBLISHED: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 12:05 am
• FOR THE LOVE of Christ, can I just please enjoy the ABQ sports section without having to see negative replies? Better yet, how about moving the Speak Up! Section to the Lost and Found. Mr. Rick Wright, get back on the road and fill the spot with High School Basketball news.
– Aggie 89
You understand the irony of complaining about Speak Up! in Speak Up!, right? – Randy, Journal
• THE WAY SOME of our “loyal Lobo fans” are treating Coach Neal and Cullen, you will soon lose another good coach if you are not careful. I am ashamed!
– classy lady
• BY THE TIME his career is over, Cullen Neal will be one of the most beloved Lobos of all time. Other than a vocal minority, Lobo fans already love him. Trust me, Bryce Alford wishes he had the fan adoration that Cullen has. Bruin fans absolutely hate Bryce for no reason, other than the fact that he’s Alford’s son.
– Ridic, Duke City
• TO JACK BOWERS: Sorry, you’re wrong about figure skating. While the participants most certainly are athletes, what they do is not a “sport.” If as you say, “talent, resourcefulness and endurance” were the only criteria to define an activity as a “sport”, classical ballet would be in the Olympics.
– Brian, Albuquerque
• TO COACH YVONNE Sanchez, I just want to let you know that you have the support and following of this fan. I am sure many others feel the same. …You bring more to the team and Albuquerque than wins. You bring integrity, good sportsmanship, leadership, and a lot of moxie. You care about your players, your staff and the fans. We are lucky to have you. Your team is young and there have been many injuries, it will turn around.
– D. Badsgard
• MIAMI HAS THE ball with 11 seconds left and everyone knows Lebron will take the shot. Swish! Miami wins! The Lobos have the ball with 11 seconds left and everyone thinks Kendall will take the shot and the defense is backing off as he drives toward the basket. He’s surely going to be fouled or make the shot but instead he passes the ball to Greenwood who has a hand in his face and he misses the shot. Game over! Next time go with the guy that got you there (Kendall) and if he misses so be it. …
– DS, Los Lunas