The Rio Rancho Governing Body is set to pick a runoff election date at its next meeting.
The meeting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at City Hall, 3200 Civic Center Circle.
City staff members are recommending Tuesday, April 15, for the runoff election for mayor and District 5 city councilor. Taxes are due the same day.
The runoff must take place 35 to 45 days after the canvass for the regular election.
According to election resolution, voters would have to be registered by March 18 to cast ballots in the runoff.
To vote absentee, people would have to apply for a ballot by 5 p.m. April 11 and have it back to the city clerk’s office by 7 p.m. April 15.
The resolution says early voting would be available during regular business hours at the city clerk’s office from March 26 through April 11.
Election Day voters could cast ballots at City Hall; Meadowlark Senior Center, 4330 Meadowlark Lane; Mountain View Middle School, 4101 Montreal Loop; and Soul Rio Community Church, 2003 Southern Blvd.
The agenda also includes votes on:
- A budget adjustment of $1.8 million for water service line replacement;
- An ordinance amendment dealing with use of the public right-of-way;
- The schedule of regular meetings and reasonable notice of meetings;
- Appointment of Deborah Fleming to the Arts Commission; and
- Appointment of Michael E. Barger to the Library Board of Trustees.