Login for full access to ABQJournal.com



New Users: Subscribe here


Close

Man charged with attempted murders

........................................................................................................................................................................................

An Albuquerque man faces two attempted murder charges, among others, after he allegedly kidnapped and beat his ex-girlfriend, and fired gunshots at two teenagers who saw the woman in distress, according to a criminal complaint filed in Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court.

On June 18 around noon, two 15-year-old girls called police saying they were driving near Central and San Mateo when they saw a woman whose face was bleeding and looked afraid in the car next to them, the complaint states.

The man in the car started swearing at them and then fired two shots from a handgun at them, then fired two more into the air.

Around 1:30 p.m., the girlfriend called 911 saying she needed help, and Albuquerque police found her and her ex-boyfriend – identified as 22-year-old Ronald Johnson – near Central and Pennsylvania.

The victim told police Johnson had held her at gunpoint for hours, and had shot at the girls, the complaint states.

She also told police he had wrecked the car they had been driving in at the state fairgrounds.

Johnson was arrested that day on assault charges, but was charged with attempted murder Friday after the girls picked him out of a photo lineup. He is in the county jail on $100,000 cash-only bail.

Comments

Note: Readers can use their Facebook identity for online comments or can use Hotmail, Yahoo or AOL accounts via the "Comment using" pulldown menu. You may send a news tip or an anonymous comment directly to the reporter, click here.

Top
Read previous post:
Fire near Pueblano Campground 100% contained

UTE PARK -- Officials say a lightning-caused wildfire on the Philmont Scout Ranch, five miles north of Ute Park near......

Close