Several patients and staff members at Kaseman Hospital have been hit with diarrheal illness, and Presbyterian is taking action.
The unknown illness resulting in diarrhea, nausea and vomiting began on Monday, according to KOAT.
Kaseman staff told KOAT that they’ve been working with the New Mexico Department of Health and the City of Albuquerque Environmental Health Department to determine the cause of the symptoms and hopefully identify an illness.
KOAT reported that the hospital, on Constitution near Wyoming, has taken the following precautions:
- Closing two inpatient nursing units to new patients
- Isolating all patients with the symptoms
- Posting signs to alert visitors to report to the nurse’s station before visiting patients
- Keeping visitors with similar symptoms from visiting patients
- Reinforcing hand hygiene with conventional soap and water
- Implementing heightened cleaning procedures
- Keeping employees with the symptoms from returning to work until 72 hours after the symptoms have disappeared
All other Kaseman services will remain open, KOAT said.