Login for full access to ABQJournal.com
 
Remember Me for a Month
Recover lost username/password
Register for username

New users: Subscribe here


Close

Inside the Beltway

A political blog by Michael Coleman

 Print  Email this pageEmail   Comments   Share   Tweet   + 1

Gary Johnson to Participate in South Carolina Presidential Debate

Former Gov. Gary Johnson made the cut for the first major debate of the 2012 presidential campaign.

However, many of the biggest names in the potential field of GOP presidential candidates – including Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich -  won’t be there. Despite that, Johnson’s inclusion is important for his campaign since many Americans don’t know who he is, or only know him for his drug stance.

Johnson, a maverick Republican who announced his presidential campaign in New Hampshire last month, sent a message to supporters today to announce that he will be on stage for Thursday’s the “first-in-the-south” Republican presidential debate.

Johnson said Fox News will televise the debate at 7 p.m. mountain time from Greenville, S.C. He also said he’d make an appearance on Sean Hannity immediately following the debate.


-- Email the reporter at mcoleman@abqjournal.com. Call the reporter at 202-525-5633
More in ABQnews Seeker, Blogs & Columns, Inside the Beltway, Politics Notebook, Washington
Three Bernalillo County Salmonella Cases Traced to CNM Lab

A strain of Salmonella used in microbiology teaching labs infected three Bernalillo County residents late last year, including a Central...

Close