Lt. Gov. John Sanchez is in Albuquerque this week, recovering from a Monday gall bladder removal surgery.
Mark Van Dyke, Sanchez’s spokesman, said Thursday that Sanchez was in pain Sunday evening and doctors quickly diagnosed his gall bladder as the culprit.
Sanchez checked in for surgery Monday and was released on Tuesday, Van Dyke said.
The lieutenant governor, who had been on his second “listening tour” with New Mexico businesses, is already working from his home in Albuquerque, but won’t be back in the office and on the road until next week.
Van Dyke said it would be difficult to keep Sanchez holed up at home for too long.
“He’s not one to just sit at home on the couch or in bed,” Van Dyke said.
-- Email the reporter at solson@abqjournal.com.






