Login for full access to ABQJournal.com
 
Remember Me for a Month
Recover lost username/password
Register for username

New users: Subscribe here


Close


Click to Search ABQjournal.com and Albuquerque Journal archives

List/Grid Author Archives: Jeff Proctor / Journal Staff Writer

Officer is charged in fatal crash with SUV

APD Sgt. Adam Casaus has been charged with vehicular homicide in the early morning crash on Feb. 10 in which he drove through a red light and struck an SUV, killing its 21-year-old passenger.
Bernalillo Sheriff Deputies investigate the scene of a fatal accident involving Albuquerque police Sgt. Adam Casaus at the intersection of Paseo del Norte and Eagle Ranch NW. Casaus has been charged with reckless vehicular homicide for the crash. (Adolphe Pierre-Louis/Journal)

APD sergeant charged with vehicular homicide

Albuquerque police Sgt. Adam Casaus drove through a red light at the intersection of Paseo del Norte and Eagle Ranch Road NW and t-boned an SUV carrying two sisters. The accident killed one sister and seriously injured the other. Casaus has been charged with vehicular homicide.

BernCo DA clears another APD officer in 2011 fatal shooting

Bernalillo County District Attorney Kari Brandenburg will not seek charges against APD SWAT team officer Jim Perdue for his fatal shooting of Michael Marquez on Aug. 30, 2011, according to... Read more »

Report on APD fatal crash complete; officials won’t release it

Bernalillo County Sheriff’s investigators have completed their report on a Feb. 10 two-vehicle crash in which an APD sergeant drove through a red light on Albuquerque’s West Side and t-boned... Read more »
Bernalillo County District Attorney Kari Brandenburg addresses the media during a press conference on January 22, 2013. (Roberto E. Rosales/ Journal file)

DA announces new police shooting review protocol

Hours after outlining a new way forward in reviewing police shooting cases, District Attorney Kari Brandenburg this afternoon released her findings in one of more than a dozen cases.
At a Wednesday news conference, Albuquerque Police Chief Ray Schultz points to a photograph of the .380 caliber handgun he says 21-year-old Kendall Carroll used to fire at officers during a SWAT standoff on Tuesday. A State Police sniper fatally shot Carroll during the four-hour encounter. (marla brose/journal)

Gun found at standoff was used to shoot cop

Authorities say they have matched one of the guns used by the 21-year-old man shot and killed by a State Police officer during a SWAT standoff on Tuesday to the .45 caliber handgun used to shoot an APD officer on Sunday night.
Family members react after finding out that the suspect in the APD SWAT situation near Constitution and Indian School was deceased on Tuesday March 19, 2013 . (Adolphe Pierre-Louis/Journal)

Updated: State Police officer shoots, kills man during ABQ SWAT standoff

A man who had been involved in a lengthy standoff with SWAT team members at a far Northeast Heights apartment complex today apparently is dead.
APD crime scene investigators gather evidence near the corner of Ortiz and Ross SE on Monday morning after an officer was shot the previous night. (roberto e. rosales/journal)

Police targeted in shooting

Three shots appear to have been fired in the direction of Albuquerque police officers who were investigating a reported theft. Includes video
Mayor Richard Berry, left, defended the eight-year tenure of Police Chief Ray Schultz. The chief and the mayor sat for an interview about the city’s announcement that Schultz will be retiring. (roberto e. rosales/journal)

Mayor Berry says chief not ‘running away’

Schultz says family, timing drove decision. Includes a video interview of the chief
Albuquerque Mayor Richard Berry and Albuquerque Police Department Chief Ray Schultz speak to reporters on Monday, March 18, 2013, to discuss the future of the police department after Schultz retires. (Roberto E. Rosales/Journal)

Mayor: APD chief will remain through July

Mayor Richard Berry this afternoon told reporters that embattled Police Chief Ray Schultz will remain in his post through the end of July.

Ellises offered to settle APD suit

Family was OK with $1M before judge ruled shooting unlawful
Attorney Shannon Kennedy, left, hugs Jonelle Ellis, second from left, after a judge read a $10.3 million jury verdict in the wrongful death case of Ellis’ brother, Kenneth Ellis III. Also pictured are Kenneth Ellis’ sister, Krissy Ann Ellis-Encinio, second from right, and his father, Kenneth Ellis Jr. (Pat Vasquez-Cunningham/Journal)

$10 million verdict in APD shooting (with corrected information)

‘I’m so grateful to the jury for getting some justice,’ says sister of Iraq War veteran Kenneth Ellis

Page 2 of 4012345678910...203040...Last »