KUSA-TV reports (on9news.tv/2u25eS2 ) 32-year-old Mary “Liz” Turner and 47-year-old Shana “Dee” Moore were sentenced Monday on negligent homicide charges.
Prosecutors say Turner and Moore failed to properly extinguish cigarettes after smoking on the porch at Robb House in Arvada in May 2016, causing a fire.
The fire killed Moore’s 24-year-old daughter Christina Covington and Covington’s 4-year-old daughter, Marielle — who were visiting the facility. Resident Tanya Bell called 911 to report the fire, but could not escape due to her disabilities. She died of her injuries and another resident was injured.
Turner pleaded guilty to two counts of negligent homicide, negligent child abuse and negligently causing bodily injury to an at-risk adult. Moore pleaded guilty to negligent homicide.
Information from: KUSA-TV, http://www.9news.com