NAME: Elisabeth Keen
POLITICAL PARTY: Republican
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Arts degree in English, University of Maryland; Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of New Mexico; completed courses for Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems, University of Phoenix.
OCCUPATION: Computer system analyst/small business owner
FAMILY: Husband, Robert; two children
POLITICAL/GOVERNMENT EXPERIENCE: Employment following bills in state legislatures in all 50 states
MAJOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENT: Critical care registered nurse certification; charge nurse positions, UNM hospital; Member, Sigma Theta Tau nursing honor society; Participation in two large hospital software implementation programs.
MAJOR PERSONAL ACCOMPLISHMENT: Raising two great children with the help of my husband, obtaining state records in NASA powerlifting competitions, running for New Mexico Legislature.
1. Support repeal. This is a matter of national security.
2. Support reducing certain benefits if necessary for solvency.
3. Support raising minimum retirement age for future employees. We should make every effort to keep our promises to current employees.
5. We need to make sure we are caring for our most vulnerable citizens without incurring unsustainable future debt for the state.
6. Support elimination of “social promotion.” Social promotion punishes our children by setting them up for failure.
7. Support using student progress as a measure for teacher evaluation. Support paying top teachers more.
8. Oppose increasing personal income tax rate on any income bracket because history indicates tax reductions lead to increased revenue.
9. Support civil unions.
10. Support parental notification. Considering that a minor needs permission to have his or her ears pierced, common sense indicates same would hold for abortion.