NAME: Mark Moores
POLITICAL PARTY: Republican
EDUCATION: MBA, University of New Mexico; BA, University of New Mexico
OCCUPATION: Executive Director, New Mexico Dental Association
FAMILY: Wife, LeeAnn Moores, one daughter
POLITICAL/GOVERNMENT EXPERIENCE: chief of staff, Lt. Governor Walter Bradley. Field representative, Congressman Steve Schiff.
MAJOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENT: Part of team that organized NM Mission of Mercy free dental clinic, the largest charity event in New Mexico history to our state.
MAJOR PERSONAL ACCOMPLISHMENT: Four-year letterman UNM football, completing the Duke City Marathon, maintaining an “A” average completing MBA at UNM while working fulltime and starting my family.
1. I strongly support repeal of the law that allows illegal immigrants to obtain New Mexico driver’s licenses.
2. Promises made to current employees should be fulfilled, but legislators should consider reducing certain benefits for future employees to protect both taxpayers and state employees from unfunded liabilities to our retirement systems.
3. Though promises made to current employees should be fulfilled, I support exploring the option to raise the retirement age for future employees to protect taxpayers and state employees from unfunded liabilities to the retirement systems.
5. We need to maintain the safety net, but the high cost of expanding Medicaid might be unsustainable. We need to carefully balance this cost against funding for other important programs like education and law enforcement.
6. I support eliminating social promotion.
7. With a daughter in public school and as the husband to a public high school teacher, I support improving schools by using evaluation performance measures and rewarding top-performing teachers. 8. Opposed
13. 24 years ago, right out of high school, I was involved in an altercation after a party and was arrested.