Family plot Tim Burton and Johnny Depp team up again in “Dark Shadows.” The film follows the highly dysfunctional Collins clan in the soap opera spoof. Film critic Roger Ebert weighs in on the movie.
But there’s more music and entertainment inside:
- All ‘Dolled’ up Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda are back — but not in New York. Albuquerque’s drag ensemble The Dolls are presenting “Sex and the Burque,” which takes the HBO TV series characters and places them in the Duke City. The play will run at the Aug Dog Theatre through May 27.
- Future shock Blackout Theatre’s musical “F8” posits a world in which computer chips control humans. The original musical will run for two weeks at the VSA North Fourth Arts Center through May 20.
- Milestone year Singer Ty Herndon celebrated his 50th birthday and his upcoming 10th album, which has him returning to the country music scene. Herndon will perform with Jamie O’Neal at San Felipe Casino Hollywood at 8 p.m. Saturday, May 12.
- Change is fun Rock outfit The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus has been around for nearly a decade and is still making music with a message. The band is touring in support of their current album, “Am I the Enemy” and will make a stop at 7 p.m. Sunday, May 13 at Launchpad.
- Getting his break New Mexico native — and DJ — Justin Case snagged an opening slot spinning with “Jersey Shore” star Pauly D. The pair will perform at 8 p.m. Friday, May 11 at the Santa Ana Star Center in Rio Rancho.