In Episode 7 of the Talking Grammer podcast we focus on the UNM Lobos basketball team’s senior night against Fresno State with three players making their final walk down the Pit ramp — Joe Furstinger, Antino Jackson and Sam Logwood. I talk with two of those three seniors (Logwood couldn’t make the interview I had with Jackson and Furstinger) and I also talk with Paul Weir about the foundation these seniors have helped lay for not only the future of the program long term, but even over the next week or so as this team seems to be playing its best basketball as the conference tournament looms.
We published an article in Saturday’s Journal (March 3) with some takeaways from these conversations now on the podcast that you can read HERE.
Here’s a breakdown of Episode 7:
• 6:30 – Paul Weir conversation
• 7:00 – Weir on senior Antino Jackson
• 9:10 – Weir on senior Sam Logwood
• 13:10 – Weir on senior Joe Furstinger
• 17:25 – Weir on what the senior class has meant to program
• 22:55 – Conversation with Antino Jackson and Joe Furstinger
• 24:30 – Joe on Antino
• 25:20 – Antino on Joe
• 27:00 – “He won’t score on me”
• 33:30 – What Joe hopes fans remember of him
• 34:00 – What Antino hopes fans remember of him
• 34:40 – Can Joe dance?
• 35:45 – Which teammate did a referee ask why he talked so much trash during a game?
And, as always, you can check out past editions of the podcast on our Talking Grammer podcast page, located HERE: