At a Board of Education meeting Wednesday night, the board elected to keep the same members to hold the president, vice president and secretary officer positions.
APS Board President David Peercy, who has held the position since March 2016, will continue his role as president. All the members, including Peercy, voted to give him another year at the job.
The vice president will remain Lorenzo Garcia, despite a nomination by board member Candelaria Patterson for Peggy Muller-Aragon, also a board member, to be the vice president. Garcia won on a 5 to 2 vote.
Yolanda Montoya-Cordova said staying in the role as secretary “affords me continued learning I need to do,” which the board unanimously supported.
Officer elections take place every year at the first regular board meeting in March. The term for officers is one year, according to the APS Board of Education bylaws. The board selects officer positions from its seven members, who were publicly voted into office.
The positions are non-paid.
The Board of Education Committee chairs will also remain the same:
• Policy and Instruction Committee Chairperson: Barbara Petersen
• Finance Committee Chairperson: Peggy Muller-Aragon
• District Equity and Engagement Committee Chairperson: Candelaria Patterson
• Capital Outlay, Property and Technology Committee Chairperson: Elizabeth Armijo
• Audit Committee Chairperson: Lorenzo Garcia