Actors read the scripts for every project.
They also read on their downtime.
And if you’re Bob Odenkirk or Rhea Seehorn, you want to share it with the community.
New Mexicans will get that chance to hear about their favorites and ask questions at Bookworks.
The two “Better Call Saul” actors will participate in the first annual “Better Call Saul Book Club” from 7-9 p.m. Saturday, May 5 at Bookworks, 4022 Rio Grande NW.
The event is free to attend.
According to Bookworks, due to fire code, the bookstore will close after its 3 p.m. event is over. Then employees will line up attendees for entry after 6 p.m.
More information can be found at bkwrks.com.
Odenkirk and Seehorn have a list of books that they are reading. The list is as follows:
– “A Load of Hooey” by Bob Odenkirk;
– “Arbitrary Stupid Goal,” by Tamara Shopsin;
– “Will Not Attend: Lively Stories of Detachment and Isolation,” by Adam Resnick;
– “Pastoralia,” by George Saunders;
– “I’m Supposed to Protect You from All This: A Memoir,” by Nadja Spiegelman;
– “My Struggle, Book One” by Karl Ove Knausgaard, Don Bartlett (Translator);
– “Chronicles: Volume One” by Bob Dylan;
– “Making a Good Script Great,” by Linda Seger;
– “The Night of the Gun: A Reporter Investigates the Darkest Story of His Life. His Own,” by David Carr.