- NAME: Howie Morales
- POLITICAL PARTY: Democratic
- OCCUPATION: Educator
- CITY OF RESIDENCE: Silver City
- RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: 11 years in the New Mexico Senate, serving on the Legislative Finance Committee; Grant County Clerk, serving residents and businesses; educator in public school classrooms in Grant County; healthcare professional overseeing patient care and quality service delivery and professional development.
- EDUCATION: PhD in curriculum and instruction with a dual emphasis in computer learning technologies and management and leadership from New Mexico State University; Bachelor of Science degree, and Master of Art degree in bilingual special education from Western New Mexico University.
- CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: www.Morales4NM2018.com
Lieutenant governor issue questions
1. What would be your top priorities as lieutenant governor?
To help the governor meet our state’s big challenges for better jobs and wages, real improvements to early childhood education and public school classrooms, and protection of clean air and water. I will be a strong voice for seniors, families, veterans, small businesses, and net neutrality at the state level.
2. What skills and experience would you offer in your role as a member of the state Board of Finance?
For 11 years I have served on the Legislative Finance Committee of the New Mexico Legislature. There I worked actively on setting and reviewing the spending priorities of the state, including taxation and revenue measures, bonded debt, and funding for our schools, public health care and other key policy areas. It has uniquely prepared me for the Board of Finance.
1. Have you or your business, if you are a business owner, ever been the subject of any state or federal tax liens?
2. Have you ever been involved in a personal or business bankruptcy proceeding?
3. Have you ever been arrested for, charged with, or convicted of drunken driving, any misdemeanor or any felony in New Mexico or any other state? If so, explain.
Lt. governor candidate Howie Morales