7 p.m. Friday kickoffs unless noted.
1. Roswell (1-1) at Los Lunas (3-0): The Tigers passed their first big 5A power vs. 5A power test in Week 1, beating Piedra Vista. The Coyotes are perhaps a step up in competition for Los Lunas.
2. Ruidoso (3-0) at Robertson (2-1): These teams played for the 4A championship last December in Las Vegas. The Warriors went 80 yards the final minute, scored a touchdown with 5.1 seconds left, and beat the Cardinals 57-54. Robertson had this visit circled months ago.
3. Cibola (3-0) at La Cueva (3-0), 7 p.m. Thursday, Wilson Stadium: Are the Cougars, coming off a 54-0 whipping of Highland, a legit challenger in 6A? They are up against the Bears and that defense which has given up only three points total in the last two games.
4. Las Cruces (1-2) at Rio Rancho (1-2): A Bulldawgs-Rams game with both teams under .500 and in which the loser falls to 1-3? Inconceivable! Rams earned first win of the year Friday in Clovis, Las Cruces is reeling.
5. Del Norte (0-3) at Albuquerque High (1-1), 7 p.m. Thursday, Milne Stadium: I tend to always want to put this matchup on my list, since the Knights and Bulldogs seem to frequently stage crazy-entertaining games.