POLITICAL PARTY: Republican
EDUCATION: B.S. in electrical engineering from the University of Notre Dame; M.S. and Ph.D. in applied and engineering physics from Cornell University.
OCCUPATION: Research engineer and scientist.
FAMILY: Wife of 12 years and three children.
POLITICAL/GOVERNMENT EXPERIENCE: Incumbent state representative in House District 24, 2010-2012.
MAJOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENT: My career of collaborative research with colleagues around the country.
MAJOR PERSONAL ACCOMPLISHMENT: My wife and three children.
1. I have supported and will continue to support the repeal of this law.
2. I support improving pension solvency by bringing benefits in line with other states. Cost of living adjustments should be tied to inflation with a floor at 0.
3. I support raising the retirement age for future employees to be in line with other states, but not for current employees.
4. No. Public employees should contribute more towards their own pensions to be in line with other states. Legislators should also contribute more towards their pensions.
5. I support expanding Medicaid to all adults below 150% (poverty level), paid for by reducing eligibility at higher incomes (waiver needed). Explore organizing an enrollment day to sign up all eligible but uninsured adults/children.
6. I have supported and will continue to support eliminating social promotion.
7. Yes. But evaluations should take into account the obstacles a teacher faces (amount of parent involvement etc.). And teachers that work with and improve the most struggling students should be rewarded more.
8. I oppose raising the personal income tax rate.
9. I would oppose a law that permits same-sex marriage.
10. I have supported and will continue to support parental notification laws.