ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Visitors can enjoy the ABQ BioPark Zoo, Botanic Garden and Aquarium for half the standard cost this weekend.
The BioPark will be offering half off on all single admission tickets Saturday and Sunday during its third half-price weekend of the year.
New Mexico residents pay $5 per adult: $2.75 per senior (65 and older); and $2.50 per child (3-12 years). Out-of-state visitors pay $7.25 per adult; $3.75 per senior; and $3 per child. Children younger than 3 are free.
“Half-priced weekends are a great way for families to enjoy all the BioPark has to offer,” said Paul Garver, ABQ BioPark guest services manager. “During our summer half-price weekend, check out one of our special animal feedings at the Zoo or Aquarium or hop over to the Botanic Garden to see our summer blooms and find out what’s growing at the Heritage Farm.”
• See the Aquarium divers feed animals in the Shark Tank at 2 p.m.
• Enjoy the World Animal Encounters Show at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the Zoo.
• Watch the hippo feeding at 2 p.m.
• Look for chiles growing at the Heritage Farm and enjoy a picnic in the shade at the Cottonwood Gallery.
• Feed a giraffe or a lorikeet.
We welcome suggestions for the daily Bright Spot. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.