Two people were slain overnight in the southeast and northeast parts of the city, and the Albuquerque Police Department has identified two victims from July homicides.
APD spokesman Gilbert Gallegos said that the two homicides, which happened miles apart, do not appear to be related and that there are no suspects in custody.
The first incident happened at Wilson Park, near San Pedro and Kathryn SE, around 11 p.m., according to police. Officers responded to a shooting at the park and found a man with an “injury to his head.” He was pronounced dead at the scene and has not been identified.
Police say the second shooting happened around 1:30 a.m. when a passerby found a man injured, possibly shot, in the street near Marble and San Mateo NE.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene, and although police have not released his identity, a police spokesman said detectives interviewed his brother, who saw the incident.
Gallegos also released the names of two men – Jose Garcia, 30, and Calvin Kelly, 21 – killed in the city earlier this month. No arrests have been made in either case.
He said Garcia was killed in the 600 block of San Lorenzo NW, near 12th and Griegos, on July 1, but did not say how Garcia died or what time the incident happened or give any other details.
Police say a passerby found Calvin, possibly shot to death, around 6 a.m. July 10 in an apartment complex parking lot near Candelaria and Juan Tabo NE. No other details have been given.
This year, the city has had 43 homicides, officially bringing Albuquerque on pace with 2018, when the city had 66.