7 p.m. Friday unless noted
1. Los Lunas (2-1) at Roswell (3-0), Wool Bowl: Best matchup on the board anywhere in New Mexico in Week 4. The Tigers will try to deal with an explosive Coyotes group that knocked Los Lunas off in December’s Class 5A state final. Roswell is averaging 55 points in its three victories, Los Lunas is giving up 11 points per game on defense. Possibly a playoff preview. Also, the last of Los Lunas’ four-game road trip.
2. Rio Rancho (1-2) at Las Cruces (2-1), 1 p.m. Saturday, Field of Dreams: Rams have righted their ship with Friday’s win over Clovis, a game in which the defense — aside from four big plays by Clovis — played pretty well. The Bulldawgs are seeking to rebound from the home loss to La Cueva.
3. La Cueva (2-1) at Cibola (3-0), 1 p.m. Saturday, Nusenda Community Stadium: The Cougars did what they were supposed to do the last two weeks: beat Oñate and Highland. What, precisely, will that La Cueva defense have in store for Cibola’s stellar freshman QB, Aden Chavez? You just know the Bears will have a couple of interesting wrinkles.
4. Mayfield (2-0) at Cleveland (2-1): The Storm pulverized Eldorado in Week 3 thanks to seven TD passes by junior QB Jeff Davison — and five TD catches by Trevon Dennard (Preston’s grandson) — but the Trojans’ defense is pretty stout. Also, how will this Trojans offense fare against Cleveland’s underrated defense?
5. Albuquerque High (2-0) at Del Norte (0-3), Milne Stadium: I feel almost contractually obligated to have this game on the list. Those of you who know me, know how fond I am of this particular rivalry, which almost always delivers close, entertaining football.