Recover password

88-year-old woman rescued from Albuquerque fire

ALBUQUERQUE (AP) — Firefighters in Albuquerque have rescued an 88-year-old woman who was trapped inside her burning home.

The fire broke out at about 8 a.m. Sunday in the woman’s southeast Albuquerque home. Firefighters were called by a neighbor who spotted smoke coming from the roof.

An Albuquerque Fire Department news release says arriving crews suspected someone was inside and made their way into the home. They found the woman trapped in a back room. She told them she tried to get out a back door and a window but could not. The fire apparently was caused by a wood stove and was quickly extinguished. The woman was taken to a hospital.

Two other fires early Sunday in Albuquerque destroyed two apartments and damaged a home. No one was hurt.


Continue reading