SOCORRO – After lining up in cars at the old Smith’s parking lot for the last two months, shoppers of locally grown produce and agricultural products will soon be back at Socorro’s historic plaza.
Come Saturday, June 20, Socorro’s summer farmers market returns to its old haunts, with some adjustments.
According to Market Manager Savannah Morris, the drive-through has worked well.
“We’ve been getting great response,” she said. “People like it, but they also like the prospect of going back to the plaza.”
The Saturday morning hours will remain as they have been, from 9-10 a.m., and the market will continue the grab-and-go pre-bagged system that’s been used with the drive-through.
“It’ll kind of be like a hybrid. There will be a walk-up and drive-up, as well as the normal open market. We’re trying to meet everybody’s needs,” Morris said. “Because of the COVID-19 guidelines, it will be a pared-down experience from last year’s family-outing type event and be more of a dash in-and-out shopping experience.”
Live music and entertainment will be missing through this summer’s market and social distancing will be of prime importance.