Copyright © 2020 Albuquerque Journal
SANTA FE – Three people have died from methanol poisoning, three others are in critical condition and one person is permanently blind, apparently after drinking hand sanitizer.
The state Department of Health said in a Friday news release that the first case was reported to the New Mexico Poison Control Center on May 7. The other six cases occurred since May 29, according to DOH.
Six of the seven people were from Cibola, McKinley and San Juan counties. The residence of the seventh person is unknown to the Poison Control Center.