ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — News from around New Mexico:
- Two balloon accidents at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta caused injuries Monday morning.
- Bernalillo County sheriff’s officials are investigating a crash Monday morning involving a bus carrying about 52 Metropolitan Detention Center inmates. According to initial reports, three people were injured, including two guards.
- Consolidated Precinct 97 in the Albuquerque municipal election has been moved to Hawthorne Elementary School, 420 General Somervell St. N.E.
- A Taos police investigator has met with Santa Fe and State Police detectives to discuss links between several northern New Mexico home burglaries and stolen art, including a valuable Vincent van Gogh drawing stolen in Santa Fe that has been recovered in Raton.
- Scott Owens’ attorney and prosecutors are trying to arrange a pre-indictment plea for Owens, 28, who is charged with killing four teenagers and seriously injuring another this past summer while driving drunk near Santa Fe.
- The city of Eunice will foot the bill as Fire Chief Ron Grogan appeals a possible one-year suspension of his paramedic’s license for alleged unprofessional conduct.
- Portales officials are trying to rebuild the city’s Web site after it crashed, and they’re finding out it’s no easy task.
- A group of neighbors is coming out against a proposed $8 million wastewater treatment plant that would serve more than 5,000 customers in Dona Ana County.
To vote for your favorite story, click here.