- NAME: Gertrude Lee
- POLITICAL PARTY: Republican
- OCCUPATION: Lawyer
- CITY OF RESIDENCE: Kirtland
- RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: Assistant district attorney, McKinley County District Attorney’s Office; deputy district attorney, McKinley County District Attorney’s Office; chief prosecutor, Navajo Nation. Currently a senior trial attorney with the San Juan County District Attorney’s Office.
- EDUCATION: B.A., political science, Creighton University, J.D., University of New Mexico School of Law, certificate in Indian law, UNMSOL Tribal Law Journal
- CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: lawbeforepolitics.com
- MAJOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENT: Working with victims of violent crime and serving my tribe as chief prosecutor of the Navajo Nation.
- MAJOR PERSONAL ACCOMPLISHMENT: Being an aunt and great aunt, and caring for my mother.
Why are you running and what strengths would you bring to the judiciary?
I am running for the Court of Appeals because I have devoted my legal career to public service and I take true enjoyment in legal research and writing. My strength is my ability to bring a different perspective to the court as a Navajo trial attorney born and raised in rural New Mexico with experience in both state and tribal court.
1. Have you or your business, if you are a business owner, ever been the subject of any state or federal tax liens?
2. Have you ever been involved in a personal or business bankruptcy proceeding?
3. Have you ever been arrested for, charged with, or convicted of drunken driving, any misdemeanor or any felony in New Mexico or any other state?