Copyright © 2020 Albuquerque Journal
The state announced 206 additional cases of COVID-19 and five deaths related to the virus in an update Saturday afternoon, bringing the total to 28,692 cases and 870 deaths statewide.
Governor’s Office spokeswoman Nora Meyers Sackett said those who died were:
• A man in his 80s from Chaves County.
• A man in his 80s from Curry County.
• A man in his 60s from McKinley County.
• A man in his 80s from Sandoval County who was a resident of the Rio Rancho Center facility.
• A woman in her 50s from San Juan County.
The new cases include 40 in Bernalillo County; 39 in Doña Ana County; 33 in Chaves County; 14 in Santa Fe County; 13 in San Juan County; 12 in Lea County; 11 in Eddy County; eight each in Cibola and Curry counties; four each in Rio Arriba and Sandoval counties; three in Lincoln County; two each in McKinley, Otero, Taos and San Miguel counties; and one each in Valencia, Torrance, Socorro, Sierra, Roosevelt and Luna counties.
There were also three new cases among federal inmates at the Otero County Prison Facility.
Meyers Sackett said there are 72 people hospitalized with the virus, 14 on ventilators, and 16,211 cases designated as having recovered.