M is for music “Sesame Street Live: Elmo Makes Music” brings smiles to parents and tots alike. The traveling production begins it five-show stint at the Santa Ana Star Center in Rio Rancho on Friday, Dec. 7.
But there’s more music and entertainment inside:
- Getting personal LeAnn Rimes has a career that most musicians would love. At the age of 30, Rimes has been in the industry for 18 years and found great success. After some time set for introspection, Rimes is ready to tell her story. She will perform at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11 at Hard Rock Casino Albuquerque.
- And the winner is … Albuquerque’s drag troupe is taking a different approach to the holidays this year. Instead of its regular celebrity-filled shows, the Dolls are giving an inside look at the life of pageants in “Miss Mary Christmas.” The show begins its three-week run at the Aux Dog Theatre at 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7.
- Mixing genres Fort Collins, Colo.-based quintet WhiteWater Ramble have been making waves with its music career and meshing bluegrass and dance music. The band is gearing up to record another album in 2013 but will first make a stop at 9 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13 at Low Spirits Bar & Stage.
- Songs of yesteryear Los Angeles-based musician Frank Fairfield has a knack for making something old, new again. The guitar and fiddle player got his break while opening for indie band Fleet Foxes and he’s been on a roll since. He will open for Horse Feathers at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8 at High Mayhem Emerging Arts in Santa Fe.
- Big ideas Matthew E. White has been a producer for years and been successful. But White is taking a chance and jumping to the front of the line with his new album, “Big Inner.” He will open for The Mountain Goats at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7 at Sol at Santa Fe Brewing.
- Second chance Gerard Butler stars as a washed-up soccer star in the new film “Playing for Keeps.” Critic Roger Ebert weighs in on the film.