ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — On Tuesday, the “Dr. Phil Show” aired the first of two segments featuring Mark and Elaine Redwine, the divorced parents of 14-year-old Dylan Redwine, the Colorado boy who went missing in November from his father’s home in Vallecito, Colo., The Durango Herald reported.
The on-air interview was the first time the parents have spoken to each other in three years, The Herald said.
Elaine Redwine said the whole point of her appearance on the popular television show was to talk to her ex-husband, while Mark Redwine said he hoped his appearance would help efforts to find his missing son — saying he had earlier refused to talk to his ex-wife because she couldn’t have a “civil conversation” with him, the paper reported.
During the interview, each parent blamed the other for their son’s Nov. 19, 2012, disappearance, according to The Herald.
Today’s segment will be broadcast on KRQE News 13 in Albuquerque at 3 p.m. in which Mark Redwine will take a lie-detector test on the air, according to News 13.
5:56am 2/14/13 — Dr. Phil Show to deal with missing Colorado boy
By ABQnews Staff
Producers from the “Dr. Phil Show” are talking to members of missing Dylan Redwine’s family about appearing on a program devoted to the teenage boy who disappeared last year from Vallecito, Colo., The Durango Herald reported.
“It’s not a maybe; it’s going to happen,” said Mark Redwine, father of the missing boy. “It’s just a matter of getting it coordinated.”
Denise Hess, who has helped coordinate search efforts for Dylan, also confirmed the plans, The Herald said.
Producers wanted the Redwine family to tape the show this week in California, but Mark Redwine was unable to attend, the paper reported. Now the producers are planning to tape next Wednesday or Thursday.
Dylan, 14, was reported missing Nov. 19 from his father’s home north of the Vallecito Reservoir while he was visiting his father on a court-ordered visitation for the Thanksgiving holiday, The Herald said.
The boy’s mother, Elaine Redwine, and his older brother, 21-year-old Cory, also plan to appear on the show, according to the paper.
It is unknown when the show might air, The Herald said.
6:00am 2/12/13 — Colo. deputies seek possible witness in boy’s disappearance
DURANGO, Colo. (AP) — Investigators looking for a boy last seen in the Vallecito area on Nov. 19 say they hope to talk to a man seen in the north end of Vallecito that day.
La Plata County sheriff’s officials said Monday the man might not realize he could be a witness who could help find Dylan Redwine.
Investigators say they recently interviewed someone who remembered speaking to the man, who asked where to find gasoline for his vehicle Nov. 19. The man said he was looking at rental properties. He is described as Hispanic, between ages 45 and 50, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, and about 170 pounds.
Dylan’s 14th birthday was last week. He lives in the Monument area with his mother but was visiting his dad in southwestern Colorado in November.
7:00am 1/24/13 — Rally Aimed at Missing Colo. Boy’s Dad
By ABQnews Staff
Family members of Dylan Redwine, the 13-year-old Colorado boy who disappeared in November north of the Vallecito Reservoir, plan to hold a rally Saturday in front of the boy’s father’s house, The Durango Herald reported.
The boy’s mother, Elaine Redwine, told The Herald the rally is intended to remind the public that Dylan is still missing and to encourage the boy’s father to be more communicative with family members.
“We’re rallying to bring more awareness to Dylan and his story and get his face out there, and try to encourage Dylan’s dad to be more a part of the search efforts,” Elaine Redwine told the paper.
But in a phone interview with The Herald Wednesday, Mark Redwine said the rally is an attempt by some to “play judge and jury.”
Mark Redwine said he won’t be home Saturday morning during the rally.
“If this is what they feel like they need to do to keep this in the media’s attention and keep the search for Dylan alive, I don’t think I have the ability to stop them, nor do I really want to try,” Mark Redwine said.
Dylan was reported missing by his father on Nov. 19, less than a day after the boy arrived in La Plata County for a court-ordered visitation during the Thanksgiving holiday, The Herald said.
6:35am 1/10/13 — Donor Boosts Redwine Reward
By ABQnews Staff
The reward for information leading to a solution of the disappearance of Dylan Redwine, 13, who dropped out of sight on Nov. 19 while visiting his father in Vallecito, Colo., jumped on Wednesday to $30,450, The Durango Herald reported.
“There was a single, $10,000 private donation out of Denver,” Ignacio resident Denise Hess, a family friend who has led the community effort to find the boy, told The Herald. “When I deposited the money today, I learned that the bank had received $450 for the account.”
The case attracted national attention, including two segments on Nancy Grace’s Headline News show and an interview with Dylan’s mother Elaine Redwine on “Good Morning America.”
No solid leads have been found, dropping from several dozen a day to average of two or three a day, the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.
5:58am 12/27/12 — $20,000 Reward Offered in Missing Colo. Boy Case
By ABQnews Staff
The reward for information leading to solving the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, who went missing from his father’s house in Vallecito, Colo., on Nov. 19, now stands at $20,000, The Durango Herald reported.
“I just went to the bank this morning and deposited $4,000 more,” said Denise Hess, an Ignacio, Colo., resident and family friend who has led the community effort to find the youngster.
The reward could go for a lead resulting in an arrest or information leading to the discover of Dylan’s whereabouts, Durango police Officer Ron Wysocki told The Herald.
Hess said donations, a benefit dinner and a silent auction raised $14,000 in reward money, the paper reported.
An anonymous donor contributed $5,000 and Durango-La Plata Crime Stoppers, which administers the reward money, put in $1,000, according to The Herald.
A separate fund at Wells Fargo Bank contains about $2,000 in donations and the sale of bracelets and ribbons will keep interest in the boy’s disappearance before the public, Hess told the paper.
5:40am 12/11/12 — Scammer Claims He Kidnapped Missing Colo. Boy
By ABQnews Staff
Among the new developments in the search for missing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, now beginning its fourth week, is a Facebook claim by a scam artist demanding ransom for the boy, The Durango Herald reported.
The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office reported Monday that a person has been trying to perpetrate a scam regarding the search, The Herald said.
“He identifies himself as ‘Abass Gadafi,’ a new resident of the Bayfield (Colo.) area,” the sheriff’s office said in a news release. “He claims to be the ‘boss of a kidnapper gang’ and claims to be holding Dylan Redwine captive and wants $1,000 to provide a photo of Dylan, and then he expects another $4,000 in order to release Dylan.”
The money is to be sent to an address in the United Kingdom through Western Union, the paper reported.
“This is a scam,” sheriff’s Capt. Jim Ezzell said. “Do not send any money.”
Meanwhile, Crime Stoppers said it would issue a $5,000 reward for information leading to the recovery of the 13-year-old, The Herald said. The reward was contributed by an anonymous donor.
6:07am 11/29/12 — Police Say Missing Colo. Boy Not a Runaway
By The Associated Press
DURANGO, Colo. (AP) — Members of a task force are going door-to-door looking for a 13-year-old boy missing for more than a week in southwestern Colorado.
La Plata County sheriff’s spokesman Dan Bender said Wednesday that investigators are no longer looking at the possibility that Dylan Redwine ran away while visiting his father for Thanksgiving break.
In a statement, Bender also said that investigators still view their operation as a search, not a recovery mission, but he didn’t elaborate on why.
The boy’s mother, Elaine Redwine, told ABC News she thinks her ex-husband, Mark Redwine, may be involved in her son’s disappearance.
Mark Redwine says he wishes he and his ex-wife could come together at such a difficult time.
6:10am 11/27/12 — Lake Search Ends for Colo. Boy
DURANGO, Colo. (AP) — Authorities have ended their search for a missing 13-year-old boy for now.
Sheriff’s officials say a two-day search of the Vallecito reservoir in southwest Colorado turned up no sign of Dylan Redwine, who has been missing for a week.
La Plata County sheriff’s spokesman Dan Bender says no more searches are planned today, but sheriff’s officials and FBI agents are still investigating.
The boy lives in Colorado Springs with his mother but was in Vallecito for a court-ordered Thanksgiving break visit with his father.
8:00am 11/26/12 — Teams Search Lake Area for Missing Colorado 13-Year-Old Boy
By The Associated Press
DURANGO, Colo. — Teams are searching around Vallecito Lake for 13-year-old Dylan Redwine who has been missing for a week.
La Plata County Sheriff’s spokesman Dan Bender says searchers had no luck on Sunday but would resume efforts at the lake Monday.
The boy lives in Colorado Springs but was visiting his father in Vallecito on Thanksgiving break.
He is 5 feet tall, 105 pounds, with blond hair, blue eyes and fair complexion. He was wearing a blue-and-white Duke Blue Devils baseball cap, black Nike T-shirt and black Jordan tennis shoes.
Bender says scuba divers will search the lake while teams will also comb the shoreline area.
He says investigators are exploring all possibilities including a runaway situation.