Calling all cookie monsters in the greater Albuquerque metro area!
Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails has partnered with New Mexico United, Dion’s and Electric Playhouse for Cookie Palooza, a multi-site, one-day effort Saturday to sell off 22,000 remaining boxes of Girl Scout Cookies, according to a release.
Selling cookies is part of the financial literacy and entrepreneurial program for the scouts, and all proceeds stay local, allowing girls and their troops to earn money for travel, camp and other activities, she said. Proceeds also provide scholarships for girls.
Cookie-craving fans can visit Cookie Palooza pop-up booths on Saturday, April 17, at the following locations:
• New Mexico United preseason match No. 3 at Mesa del Sol Training Facility, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails headquarters, 4000 Jefferson Plaza NE, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Electric Playhouse, Coors/Ouray, from 1-5 p.m.
• Dion’s at Cottonwood Mall, 1-5 p.m.
• Dion’s at Paseo del Norte/Wyoming, 1-5 p.m.
• Dion’s at Academy/Wyoming, 1-5 p.m.
• Pei Wei Park (Louisiana and America’s Parkway, south of Coronado Center) 1-5 p.m.
Boxes are $5 each or $60 per case. Scouts are accepting credit/debit cards as the preferred payment.
Residents can also donate money to buy cookies for deliveries to “Hometown Heroes,” including health care workers, vaccination site volunteers, first responders, law enforcement, U.S. military members serving locally, food banks and educators, according to the release. Donations can be made at NMGirlScouts.org through April 30.
Send suggestions for the daily Bright Spot to firstname.lastname@example.org.