ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Albuquerque police say a man pulled from a diversion ditch Monday evening in the North Valley had been dead for more than a day and had “no obvious signs of trauma.”
Gilbert Gallegos, an Albuquerque police spokesman, said the man’s death is no longer being investigated as a homicide “unless further investigation reveals new information.”
He said an autopsy of the man found he had been dead for more than 36 hours and “further testing and toxicology” will be required to find out how the man died.
Albuquerque Fire Rescue was alerted around 5 p.m. to a man and a mannequin in the diversion channel near Claremont and Algodones NE, just east of Juan Tabo, after a heavy rainstorm.
Firefighters pulled the man’s body from a drainage area near Roy Road around 6:50 p.m.