David Muttitt, assistant pro at Paa-Ko Ridge finished tied for ninth at the PGA Professional National Championship after Wednesday’s final round in Sunriver, Ore.
Muttitt shot a final round 2-under 70 for a total of 1-under 286 for the tournament. The top-20 finish qualifies him for this year’s PGA Championship Aug. 8-11 in Rochester, N.Y.
Albuquerqueans Sam Saunders and Patrick Beyhan and Hobbs’ Kenneth Fadke are among the top names in the 37th annual New Mexico-West Texas Amateur Championship, Friday-Sunday at Isleta Eagle Golf Course.
There are 68 players in the 54-hole event with tee times at 7:30 a.m. each day.
Past champs include future PGA Tour players Tommy Armour III, Bart Bryant, Rich Beem and D.J. Brigman.
– The Junior Eagle Golf Camp is July 15-16 from 8 a.m. to noon each day at Isleta Eagle. Cost is $40 per boy or girl, ages 7-17. Call 505-848-1900.
– The Desert Greens junior golf camps are July 9-12 and Aug. 6-9 for boys and girls, ages 6-18. The camps are Tuesday-Friday, 12:30-2:30 p.m. The fee is $100. Call 505-898-7001.
– Albuquerque’s Sean Carlon won the lone boys qualifying spot for the U.S. Junior Amateur at the qualifier at Cochiti GC on Monday.
Socorro’s Shania Berger and San Diego’s Jamie Binns won the two available girls spots. Carlon goes to the U.S. Junior Amateur in Truckee, Calif.; Binns and Berger play in Fort Wayne, Ind. Both tournaments are July 22-27.
– The Sandoval County Chapter of the Lobo Club’s annual Greats Golf Tournament is Aug. 3 at Paa-Ko Ridge Golf Club. There is a 1 p.m. shotgun start for the four-person scramble. Former Lobos Robin Cole, DonTrell Moore, Preston Dennard, George Carter, Ira Harge, Amy Beggin and Miranda Sanchez are expected. Entry fee is $125, which includes green fees, lunch, cart and prizes.
For hole sponsorships, call Norm Burns at 505-962-0358. For other information, call 925-5014.
– Deadline for registration for the Albuquerque Men’s City Golf Championship is 6 p.m. Tuesday. The event will be at Los Altos and Arroyo del Oso, July 5-7. Entry fee is $165. Call 505-298-1897.
RICHARD BIANCHI, Albuquerque — Sandia Golf Club No. 3, 152 yards, 5-iron, his third.
MARY DEGRAVELLES — Santa Ana GC, Cheena No. 5, 85 yards, 8-iron, her second.
MICHAEL LEA — Santa Ana GC, Cheena No. 5, 123 yards, 9-iron, his first.
DANIEL HESSINGER — Arroyo del Oso, No. 9, 192 yards, 5-iron, his first.
PAT HALE — Tanoan CC, Zia No. 7, 182 yards, 4-iron, his second.
RUDY CHAVEZ — Arroyo del Oso, No. 6 dam 9, 9-iron, his first.
MARVIN SPALLINA, 81, Albuquerque — shot a 79 at Tanoan Country Club.
SAM SOTO, 75 — shot 75 at Desert Greens.