ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — The National Merit Scholarship Corp. this week announced its final group of scholarships winners – these financed by colleges and universities – that included nine students in New Mexico.
The designees join more than 3,100 college-sponsored award recipients announced in June, officials said in a news release.
College-sponsored awards provide between $500 and $2,000 annually for up to four years of undergraduate study.
New Mexico scholarship winners, their high schools and awarding institutions are:
• Alexandria E. Dolan, Albuquerque Academy, Colorado State University
• Carter A. Elias, Albuquerque Academy, Villanova
• Sean R. Love, La Cueva, Texas Tech University
• Tiffany Y. Pei, La Cueva, Texas A&M
• Richard W. Ross, Early College Academy, University of New Mexico
• Harley V. Sigmon, La Cueva, Brigham Young University
• Alexander D. R. Yanov, Sandia, Oklahoma State University
• Jaden T. Hicks, Carlsbad, Texas Tech
• Maximilian E. Corliss, Los Alamos, University of New Mexico