The New Mexico Department of Health recognized a pair of staff members and three from the National Guard for their outstanding work throughout the pandemic with a “thank you” and a shout-out at an Albuquerque Isotopes game earlier this week.
Cited for above and beyond work were: Heather Black, Dr. Chris Novak, Lt. Col. Tony Cordova, Staff Sgt. Karina Lewandowski, and Staff Sgt. Victoria Hern.
The recognition ceremony happened during State Employees Night at the baseball game on Monday.
Individual accomplishments, according to a news release, included:
• Novak led the Public Health Division at DOH and helped create the Incident Command System for organizing the division’s overall COVID response.
• Black, the Public Health Division’s chief nurse, was a key part of public health leadership in New Mexico.
• Cordova served as the director of military support during the entire COVID-19 pandemic response, coordinating support through Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
• Lewandowski supported the Joint Task Force Medical Operations effort during the pandemic response, and was directly responsible for the assignment and tracking of personnel assignments and workforce analysis.
• Hern developed and administered mission-tracking methods in support of the Joint Operations Center.