- LISTEN, IF I could convince my team that “there’s no crying in baseball,” then someone at FIFA ought to be able to issue an ultimatum that “there should be no biting in soccer.”
– Tom Hanks
- DURING A WORLD CUP game Tuesday between Uruguay and Italy, Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez bit one of the opposing players on the shoulder. No, he wasn’t penalized, as the rule in soccer is, “as long as you don’t use your hands …”
– Jack Bowers, Albuquerque
- THE USE OF the name “Redskins” is just plain wrong, and If you don’t think that is a problem, then you might very well be the problem! Don’t use “Brand” as justification. They changed their name from Boston Braves to the Washington Redskins in 1933; they can damn well do it again.
– Vincent D. Guillen
- JOHNNY MANZIEL seems headed for a short NFL career. He will then end up all bust up, broke and drunk.
– DJW, Tucumcari
- HOW ‘BOUT them Commies y’all! Save the SEC’s bacon in the NCAA championship games this year – even LtV must tip his orange/white hat to the boys from the world’s largest hicktown.
- THANKS FOR the Father’s Day blurb to Ted Trujillo,#1 Lobo fan, but now he’s worried Mr. Krebs might try to collect from him for sneaking into Lobo games in Carlisle Gym 75 years ago. I told Mr. T that being he is a paying member of the Lobo Club the AD will probably call it a wash. Congrats to recent Lobo grad Chris Perez on landing a coaching job at Bosque. Chris worked with our kids at the Laguna Sports Academy this summer and he’s a great role model for our youth. We’re happy for you Coach Perez. Hey, I was flying back from New Orleans recently and the attendant asked me “would you like something to eat”? I said “what are my choices”? She said…..”yes or no.”.Go Lobos!