There are five players on NBA Playoff rosters who played in the Mountain West Conference and four others from schools currently in the league, though they never actually played a conference game.
The University of New Mexico has the most players (two) on NBA playoff rosters who played MWC games in Chicago Bulls Tony Snell and Cameron Bairstow. San Antonio Spur Kawhi Leonard (San Diego State), New Orleans Pelican Jimmer Fredette (BYU) and Golden State Warrior Andrew Bogut (Utah) are the other former Mountain West players in the NBA playoffs, though nether Utah or BYU are current MWC members.
The four players in the NBA playoffs from current Mountain West member schools though they left the school before playing in the Mountain West are Washington Wizard Ramon Sessions (Nevada), New Orleans Pelican Luke Babbitt (Nevada), Dallas Maverick Greg Smith (Fresno State) and Cleveland Cavalier Shawn Marion (UNLV). Nevada and Fresno State joined the Mountain West in recent years after Sessions, Babbitt and Smith had already left school. Marion, who is 36, was drafted out of UNLV in 1999, the season before the Mountain West began.
Players from Mountain West schools in NBA Playoffs
• *Luke Babbitt, Nevada (New Orleans Pelicans)
• Cameron Bairstow, UNM (Chicago Bulls)
• Andrew Bogut, Utah (Golden State Warriors)
• Jimmer Fredette, BYU (New Orleans Pelicans)
• Kawhi Leonard, SDSU (San Antonio Spurs)
• *Shawn Marion, UNLV (Cleveland Cavaliers>
• *Ramon Sessions, Nevada (Washington Wizards)
• *Greg Smith, Fresno State (Dallas Mavericks)
• Tony Snell, UNM (Chicago Bulls)
* Nevada an Fresno State joined Mountain West after Babbitt, Sessions and Smith joined NBA. Marion was drafted out of UNLV in 1999, the season before the MWC began.