Topics covered will include U.S.-Israeli relations, the Iran nuclear deal, Israeli-Palestinian negotiations, and trade with Israel, organizers said in a news release.
All events are open to the public and require RSVPs, and some have associated costs.
“We are bringing this delegation to the U.S. in an effort to clarify and explain events in Israel and the region, and place them in historical and strategic contexts,” said Dr. Eytan Gilboa, chairman and academic director of IPD Forum, in a statement.
The delegation’s stop in New Mexico is part of a 10-day series in the Southwest that includes programs in Arizona and Colorado.
Scheduled events are as follows:
- Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. at the Jewish Community Center in Albuquerque, “The Russian Intervention in Syria: The Revival of the Cold War in the Middle East?” RSVP required. Contact the Jewish Community Center, jccabq.org, 505-348-4500.
- Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at Hotel Albuquerque, “The Disintegration of the Middle East: Implications for the U.S. and the West.” RSVP required Contact Ann Singer, email@example.com. Cost is $35 per person.
- Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. and hosted by the Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce, “Trading with Israel: A Modern, Robust and Growing Economy” at the Hispano Chamber, 1309 Fourth Street SW. RSVP required. Contact Ellie Rangel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 505-842-9003, ext. 108. This event is free.
- Wednesday at 6 p.m., hosted by the Albuquerque Committee on Foreign Relations, “Israel and its Neighbors: The Dynamics of Coexistence in a Hostile Neighborhood” at the Canyon Club at Four Hills, 911 4 Hills Road SE. RSVP required. Contact Bob McGuire, email@example.com, 505-281-1108. Cost is $45 per plate.
- Thursday in Santa Fe at 5:30 p.m. and hosted by The Santa Fe Council on International Relations, “The U.S. in the Middle East: Interests and Dilemmas,” at the Santa Fe University of Art and Design, 1600 St. Michaels Drive. RSVP required. Contact sfcir.org, 505-982-4931 Cost is $20 for nonmembers, $15 for CIR members, no charge for qualified students.