Warm weather music festivals may last for a long weekend or all summer. As the weather cools you can still get your fill of live music.
True, there may be fewer outdoor concerts in the cool/cold weather months. Still, there are plenty of indoor concerts to choose from.
Here is a sampling of some of the top concerts offerings between November and March in Albuquerque and environs, Santa Fe, Taos and Las Cruces.
• The ensemble Chatter will serve up two chamber works by Aaron Copland at 10:30 a.m. Nov. 15 at Las Puertas, 1512 First NW. Lois Rudnick, an authority on Copland, will talk. $15/$9/$5. chatterabq.com
• “Cool Yule Community Concert” features the Albuquerque Jazz Orchestra and vocalist Hillary Smith at 3 p.m. Nov. 29 at the KiMo Theatre, Fifth and Central NW. Free.
• The New Mexico Philharmonic and the Central United Methodist Church Chancel Choir are performing Handel’s “Messiah” at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 4 at the church, 201 University NE. Tickets are $25, $40 and $55. nmphil.org.
• Albuquerque jazz guitarist Michael Anthony and the First Take Trio will be on stage at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 12 at the Historic Old San Ysidro Church, Old Church Road, Corrales. $22/$25. brownpapertickets.com
• The Presidio Saxophone Quartet of Tucson, Ariz., plays at 3 p.m. Dec. 13 at Las Placitas Presbyterian Church in Placitas. $20. placitasarts.org
• Santa Fe Desert Chorale presents “Noche Serena,” a concert of holiday carols and lullabies, at 4 p.m. Dec. 20 at Immanuel Presbyterian Church, 114 Carlisle SE. $20-$55. desertchorale.org
• The New Mexico Symphonic Chorus under Roger Melone will present a musical tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at 3 p.m. Jan. 17 at First United Methodist Church, 314 Lead SW. $25/$45/$15. nmschorus.org
• The New Mexico Philharmonic is giving an all-Mozart concert at 6 p.m. Jan. 23 at Popejoy Hall on the UNM campus. The program includes Oboe Concerto in C major with Kevin Vigneau as soloist. $20-$68. unmtickets.com
• The duo of pianist Jon Nakamatsu and clarinetist Jon Manasse will be at two area venues. They’re at the Historic Old San Ysidro Church, Old Church Road, Corrales, at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 20 and at Las Placitas Presbyterian Church, six miles east of I-25 in Placitas at 3 p.m. Feb. 21. The same program is scheduled for both concerts. Corrales concert, $22 at brownpapertickets.com. Placitas concert, $20 at placitasarts.org.
• The Juilliard String Quartet, celebrating its 70th anniversary, will be in concert at 3 p.m. March 13 at the Simms Center for the Performing Arts, Albuquerque Academy, 6400 Wyoming NE. $32/$40. chambermusicabq.com
• Pianist Olga Kern, back by popular demand, plays with the New Mexico Philharmonic at 6 p.m. March 19 at Popejoy Hall. $20-$68. unmtickets.com
• The Santa Fe Symphony, Symphony Chorus and soloists present Handel’s “Messiah” at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 21 and 4 p.m. Nov. 22 at the Lensic Performing Arts Center, 211 W. San Francisco. $23-$80. santafesymphony.org
• “Christmas Treasures” is the title of the 4 p.m. Dec. 13 Santa Fe Symphony concert at the Lensic Performing Arts Center, 211 W. San Francisco St. $25-$75. santafesymphony.org
• Santa Fe Desert Chorale’s concert titled “Noche Serena” is a program of holiday carols and lullabies. The concert is at 8 p.m. Dec. 17 at the Cathedral Basilica, 213 Cathedral Place. The program is repeated at 8 p.m. Dec. 18, 19, 21 and 22 at the Cathedral and at 8 p.m. Dec. 23 at Cristo Rey Church, 1120 Canyon Road. Ticket prices vary. desertchorale.org
• Santa Fe Pro Musica offers multiple opportunities to hear the concert titled “A Baroque Christmas.” Performances are at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Dec. 19 through Dec. 24 at the Loretto Chapel, College Avenue, downtown Santa Fe. Soloists are mezzo-sopranos Deborah Domanski and Drea Pressley. Music of Bach, Corelli, Handel, Vivaldi plus traditional carols. 505-988-4640
• Santa Fe Pro Musica offers J.S. Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos at 6 p.m. Dec. 29 and Dec. 30 in St. Francis Auditorium, Museum of Art, downtown Santa Fe. 505-988-4640
• Guillermo Figueroa conducts the Santa Fe Symphony at 4 p.m. Feb. 14 in a program of Mozart, Weber and Dvorak at the Lensic Performing Arts Center, 211 W. San Francisco St. $23-$80. santafesymphony.org
• American String Quartet performs music of Ravel, Brahms and Ferdinand Ries at 5 p.m. Nov. 8 at the Harwood Museum of Art, 238 Ledoux St. $22/$25. taoschambermusicgroup.org
• The Frank Morgan 2015 Taos Jazz Festival will have three concerts and a film screening. The Lorca Hart Trio opens the festival at 7 p.m. Nov. 18 at the Taos Inn. Free. … The film “Sound of Redemption: The Frank Morgan Story” will be shown at 7 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Taos Community Auditorium, 145 Paseo del Pueblo Norte. 575-758-2052. … Jazz pianist George Cables leads a trio in concert at 7 p.m. Nov. 20 at the Harwood Museum, 238 Ledoux St. $25. 575-758-9826. … And the Grace Kelly Quintet is at the Taos Mesa Brewing Co., 21 ABC Mesa Road, El Prado, at 7 p.m. Nov. 21. $15.
• The Taos Chamber Music Group plays works of Granados, Turina, Torroba and others at 5 p.m. Dec. 13 at the Harwood Museum, 238 Ledoux St. $22/$25. taoschambermusicgroup.org
• The Taos Chamber Music Group, with guest pianist Phillip Golub, will perform at 5 p.m. Jan. 17 at the Harwood, 238 Ledoux St. $22/$25. taoschambermusicgroup.org
• The Las Cruces Symphony plays music of Rachmaninoff and Brahms at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 5 and 3 p.m. Dec. 6 at the Atkinson Recital Hall in the NMSU Music Building. Guest soloist is pianist Elena Ulyanova. $35/$40/$45. 575-646-3709
• “Classical Mystery Tour; A Tribute to the Beatles” is the name of paired Pops concerts presented by the Las Cruces Symphony at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 16 and 3 p.m. Jan. 17 in Atkinson Recital Hall, Music Building, NMSU campus. $35/$40/$45. 575-646-3709
• The Las Cruces Symphony is in concert at 7:30 p.m. March 5 and 3 p.m. March 6. Violinist Yevgeny Kutik solos. The concert is in the Atkinson Recital Hall of NMSU’s Music Building. $35/$40/$45. 575-646-3709