Secrets & Lies — “J. Edgar” starring Leonardo DiCaprio paints a portrait of the longtime FBI chief who spied on others while hiding his own private life. See what film critic Roger Ebert thought about the Clint Eastwood-directed film.
But there’s more music and entertainment inside:
- Looking upward — Contemporary Christian artist Jeremy Camp has come a long way in his 10-year career. Dealing with the death of his first wife, Camp looked within to tell his story of hope and faith with his new album and book.
- Western beats — The 2011 Western Music Association Showcase and Awards Show will feature some of the best performers in the genre. Western music is robust and fresh thanks to the love of its fans and performers.
- Seeking mainstream — Mexican singer/songwriter Ximena Sariñana is a star in Mexico and she’s making the leap to mainstream radio in the United States. Her video for “Different” is a staple on VH1 and she’s stopping at Sol at Santa Fe Brewing on Saturday for a show.
- Aiming high — Independent hip-hop artist Mac Miller is about to make history next week with his new album “Blue Slide Park” if it debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard charts as expected. The 19 year old is a YouTube sensation — his video for “Frick Park Market” has more than 10 million views. He will make a stop at Sunshine Theater on Sunday.
- Full steam ahead — Country singer Aaron Tippin wears many hats. He’s a pilot, entrepreneur, musician and he’s celebrating his 20th year in the music business. Tippin will play at Camel Rock Casino on Saturday.