ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — University of New Mexico regents today named five finalists to replace President David Schmidly when he steps down in May.
The top candidates are:
- Elsa Murano, former president of Texas A&M University
- Elizabeth Hoffman, former president of the University of Colorado, now provost of Iowa State Universit
- Meredith Hay, former provost at the University of Arizona
- Robert Frank, provost of Kent State University, UNM graduate
- Doug Baker, provost of the University of Idaho
“We’re very pleased to have these five accomplished finalists seeking the presidency of UNM,” Regent President Jack Fortner said in a statement. “The search committee found them to be outstanding candidates with great enthusiasm for UNM and its future.”
On-campus candidate interviews are scheduled to begin Thursday.
Find more information about the candidates in tomorrow’s Journal