POLITICAL PARTY: Republican
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: State Representative 2009-2014
EDUCATION: BA, Math and Economics; MA, Systems management
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: n/a
1. I am against raising taxes or fees on New Mexicans. If the current revenue forcasts persist, we must find a way to cut back on spending by looking at each department individually and eliminating waste and abuse.
2. I do not support raising the minimum wage. 3. Any teacher evaluation process must include some percentage of student progress.
4. I do not support legalizing recreational marijuana. 5. I support legislation that ensures all students can read proficiently by the third grade.
6. I am against raiding the state’s permanent fund.
7. I support the creation of an ethics commission.
8. I support Right-To-Work legislation.
9. I am pro-life and support banning late term abortions. 10. I support a law banning coyote-killing contests. I oppose banning trapping and poisons on public lands. 11. This is a highly personal situation, however, I could support an aid-in-dying legislation under the right circumstances.
12. I support moving the vehicle excise tax to the transportation fund.
13. I would support a temporary plan to help the current staffing problem. However, long-term, individuals should not be allowed to collect a retirement check and paycheck from the state.
14. I oppose letting decline-to-state voters vote in partisan primary elections.
15. I support expanding the state’s three strikes law for violent repeat offenders.
16. I support a cooling off period. 17. I support allowing local governments to impose a curfew.
18. I support the archiving of webcasts of government meetings. 19. I am opposed to legislative salaries for state legislators.
20. No, they represent a cross-section of the populace. Personal background 1. No 2. No 3. No