NAME: Amanda KinKaid
POLITICAL PARTY: Democratic
OCCUPATION: Optical Sales
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: House of Representatives committee analyst and House media relations personnel
EDUCATION:Graduated Cum Laude, University of New Mexico, 2004, B.A. Mass Communications/Journalism; technical writing, German
CAMPAIGN WEBSITE: n/a
1. My primary response might be to study our investment options; there are other ways New Mexico can consider to raise revenue without raising taxes.
2. Yes, I support a minimum wage increase, to at least $9.00 an hour.
3. This issue requires more study. My goal as a state representative would be to reward teachers for 99 percent proficency. The current system offers few incentives and too many means of punishment. Administrators do not need to create a punitive system for hard working teachers.
4. Yes, I support legalization of recreational marijuana use with proper oversight.
5. My goal is to provide incentive for teachers who reach 99 percent reading proficiency at every grade level.
7. Do not support.
10. I oppose the ban of coyote hunting. Undecided on trapping and poisons on public lands.
13. I support retired officers coming back to work to shore up department staffing.
20. I don’t think any person should be denied the opportunity to serve our state in our lawmaking body if the current laws allow.