Bulletin Board Diane Howell, an adviser with the Procurement Technical Assistance Program (PTAP), will present the free seminar Doing Your Homework: Market Research for Government Contractors from 5-7 p.m. on Tuesday at Quality Center for Business at San Juan College in Farmington, 5101 College Blvd. The seminar targets business owners interested in federal contracting. Topics include: the proper protocols for marketing; resources available for researching; understanding what you need to know before meeting with a lawyer; and much more. Participants should bring a laptop if they have one. For additional information, contact Kristy King by calling 505-566-3528 or email email@example.com. The National Association of Woman Business Owners (NAWBO) presents the 15th annual SpeakOUT Event from 5:30-8 p.m. on Wednesday at the Sheraton Uptown Hotel, 2600 Louisiana NE. Admission is $33 for members and $38 for others. For reservations or additional information, visit www.nawbonm.org. ActionCoach presents the free business re-education workshop Understanding Behavioral Styles for Increased Efficiency from 8:30-10 a.m. on Thursday at the Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce, 1309 4th St. SW. Topics include turning conflict into cooperation by becoming attuned to your team’s behavioral styles. Advance registration is recommended. For registration or additional information, visit www.ActionBusinessSuccess.com/events. A Veterans Job Fair will be held from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Friday at the Willie Estrada Civic Center in Alamogordo, 800 E. 1st Street. Participants should come “dressed for success” as there will be on-site interviews for jobs. For additional information, call the Alamogordo Chamber of Commerce at 575-437-6120. The National Active and Retired Federal Employees, chapter 80, meets at 11 a.m. on Saturday at the Palo Duro Senior Center, 5221 Palo Duro NE. All current or retired federal employees are invited. The meeting includes a potluck lunch. For additional information, call 505-349-4129.
Welcome Valerie Ingram has joined Los Alamos National Bank’s Wealth Strategies Group as trust development officer. Ingram will focus on introducing wealth strategy clients to the full scope of products, services and tools available when planning their trusts, investments and estates. She has a master’s degree in philanthropy and development from St. Mary’s University in Minnesota.
Chris R. Marquez has joined Keleher & McLeod PA as an associate attorney. Marquez’ practice areas will include civil rights and constitutional law, construction law, employment law, business and commercial litigation, civil litigation, construction litigation and employment litigation. He has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Phoenix and a law degree, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, from the University of New Mexico.
Greg Morris has joined St. Martin’s Hospitality Center as executive director. Morris has 20 years’ experience in the field and previously worked as the executive director of ACLU of Idaho. He also previously was the founder and first executive director of CATCH Inc., a nationally recognized re-housing program serving homeless families in three southern Idaho counties.
Kevin L. Craven, R.N. has joined Presbyterian Healthcare Services as administrator for urgent, emergent and ambulance services. Craven has 32 years’ experience in the health care field and most recently worked as the central group director for emergency, observation, special event medical operations and research services at the University Medical Center Brackenridge. He has a bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University of Arizona and a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Phoenix.
Tiffany A. Owens, Esq., has joined Allen, Shepherd, Lewis & Syra PA.
Start Ups The 12th Street Emporium, owned and operated by cousins David Edwards and Thomas Edenfield III, has opened at 1131 Mountain Rd. NW, Suite 3, in Albuquerque. The new gift shop offers an eclectic assortment of cards, handmade soaps, bee and honey cosmetics, posters, cheeky coffee mugs, unique key chains, martini glasses, Tibetan and Japanese meditation incense, cookware, tools of all kinds, chess and backgammon boards, and niche products for every fan of Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly and Doctor Who.
Store hours are from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. For additional information, call 505-633-7662, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.12thstreetemporium.com.
Briefcase The New Mexico Recycling Coalition (NMRC) and the New Mexico Roadrunner chapter of the Solid Waste Association of North America have announced the winners of the 2016 N.M. Recycling and Solid Waste Awards. They are:
• Galloping Grace Youth Ranch — Diversion Project of the Year
• Eldorado/285 Recycles — Nonprofit Recycler of the Year
• Placitas Recycling Association — Recycling Facility of the Year
• Carmen Lopez, N.M. Highlands University — Recycler Facility Employee of the Year (Non-management)
• Elena Kayak, Rio Rancho Public Schools — Recycler of the Year
• Joseph Ellis — E. Gifford Stack Lifetime Achievement Award
• Joseph Ellis — Terence L. Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award for the N.M. Roadrunner chapter of SWANA
• DeBaca County Solid Waste Facility — Solid Waste Facility of the Year
• Truth or Consequences Waste Collection and Recycling Center — Most Innovative Solid Waste Project of the Year
• Kevin Apodaca, Doña Ana County Codes Division — Solid Waste Employee of the Year
Hotel Andaluz in Albuquerque has been recognized by Condé Nast Traveler as one of the top hotels in the Southwest in its October Readers’ Choice Awards issue. Hotel Andaluz was ranked 5th in the national survey. Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards are considered one of the highest honors in the travel industry and were derived from over 300,000 online consumer poll responses, including over 75,000 ratings and comments.
The New Mexico Lottery has received the North American State and Provincial Lotteries (NASPL) 2016 Best New Instant Game of the Year for its Dia de Los Muertos scratcher game. The New Mexico Lottery also won a Batchy Award in the TV $10,000 and under category for the Dia de Los Muertos scratcher television advertisement created by in-house animator Andrew Dormody.
The New Mexico chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (NMPRSA) has announced the winners of the 2016 Cumbre Awards. They are:
Best of Show — Campaign
PK Public Relations — Reversing the Deadly Affects of Painkiller Abuse
Best of Show — Tactic
The Garrity Group — The Garrity Perception Survey
Campaign Award Winners
• Lou Hammond Group — TOURISM Santa Fe launches margarita trail.
• PK Public Relations — Reversing the deadly affects of painkiller overdoses.
• James Korenchen Public Relations — New Mexico Credit Union becomes Nusenda.
• James Korenchen Public Relations — Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center opens to the public.
• Impronta Public Relations — Air Force Research Lab New Mexico branding.
• Carroll Strategies — Walmart statewide media.
• James Korenchen Public Relations — Hoops 4 Hope.
• AARP — The Care Act.
• The Garrity Group — Office of the Superintendent of Insurance/beWellnm Roadshow.
• The Garrity Group — beWellnm 2015 open enrollment campaign.
• Carroll Strategies — Walmart liquor license application.
• The Waite Company — We Are Albuquerque, Let’s Take Our City Back.
• James Korenchen Public Relations — Nusenda Credit Union community relations.
• Carroll Strategies — Walmart Alamogordo neighborhood market.
• CWA Strategic Communications — water utility rate increase.
• Carroll Strategies — Charles Koch Institute: what’s next for justice?
• Griffin & Associates — Keleher and McLeod: 100 year anniversary.
• The Waite Company — women in power UNM.
• The Waite Company — beWellnm open enrollment 2015-16 outreach.
• The Waite Company — beWellnm open enrollment 2015-16 Spanish outreach.
• Griffin & Associates — Southwest Capital Bank: relationship bank campaign.
Tactic Award Winners
• The Majors Company — N.M. Coalition for Healthcare Value brochure/folder.
• James Korenchen Public Relations — TomTom Traffic Index media relations.
• James Korenchen Public Relations — Varekai by Circue du Soleil comes to Rio Rancho media relations.
• The Garrity Group — Garrity Perception Survey.
• The Garrity Group — Comcast Bilingual Support Center press conference.
• Albuquerque Economic Development Inc. — business recruitment announcement – Rural Sourcing Inc.
• The Waite Company — a proposal for rainwater harvesting gains momentum in New Mexico.
• Visit Albuquerque — Fly to Sunshine video.
• Carroll Strategies — Miracle Fulfillment and uBreakiFix.
• James Korenchen Public Relations — TripAdvisor media relations.
• James Korenchen Public Relations — UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center media relations.
• Carroll Strategies — Associate Pathways
Items for consideration for Briefcase should be typed and sent to Business Outlook, P.O. Drawer J, Albuquerque, N.M. 87103.